“Thank you for all the delicious food and all love and care shown by your chef and yourself everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The food has been lovely and it really means a lot to me – it’s a bright spot in my day. Thank you so much!”– a client
For us, it’s all about our clients. By making a donation today, you’re joining a community team effort to support hundreds of homebound neighbors living right here in our community.
If you are a client making a payment (or if you are making a payment on behalf of a client) click the Donate button below.
Are you are a client making a payment for your service, or a family member making a payment on behalf of a client? Please click here.
Our program is an integral part of the community–reducing hunger among those who otherwise slip through cracks and, at the same time, building a more resilient, connected, and compassionate community. Our visits to homebound neighbors reduce social isolation, allow individuals to remain longer in their own homes, reduce emergency room visits, and engage volunteers in meaningful connections. We also serve as liaisons with family who may live far away.
We are deeply grateful for the sustaining financial support of our donor community. We appreciate gifts and grants of all levels. As an independent nonprofit charity, recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, donations are eligible as charitable deductions to the degree permitted by law. Our tax identification number (EIN) is 52-0943628.
There are many ways to support us! In addition to making a donation today, there are a few other ways you can get support our work.
- Sign up on AmazonSmile and a portion of every purchase you make (at no cost to you!) will be donated to you.
- Help us keep our kitchen and office stocked and updated by buying items off our Amazon Wish List
- Donate a vehicle (just call 844-583-8227) and designate us as the recipient.
- We’re going to be around for a long time, continuing to feed our homebound neighbors. Include us in your estate planning or will. Mention us as Washington DC Meals on Wheels Inc. doing business as Meals on Wheels of Takoma Park/Silver Spring, EIN 52-0943628.
- Contact Ruth at 301-434-1922 to discuss any other special projects and ideas!